Many users have already asked for it. Therefore, we would like to point you directly to this workaround with Excel, before we will explain the program afterwards.
If you ever have to edit a table from a PDF file, then PDF to Word Converter is usually the right tool. It works very well to transfer a PDF table exported to Word via Copy & Paste (Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V) to Excel, and then edit it there. With the simplest copy / paste basic functions of Windows and PDF to Word Converter you get the possibility to edit complex tables converted to Word also with Excel.
Let us now come to the detailed description of the program!
7-PDF2Word is divided functionally into two main areas and therefore also into two basic tabs on the user interface. In the General Settings basic tab are the key setting options for a clean conversion from PDF to Word. The basic tab Professional - Settings includes options for the conversion experts among you.
To unfold, please click on the following panels:
We now want to give you an overview of the basic tab General Settings and explain in detail the setting options and the general way in which it works.
Der Basisreiter "Allgemeine Einstellungen..." beinhaltet die wichtigsten Einstellungsoptionen für eine saubere PDF zu Word Konvertierung
1. Use the button "..." as the first step to select the PDF file that you would like to edit/process in Word. If the selected PDF is password-protected, you can enter the password needed for conversion in the corresponding password field below. Password-protected PDF files become editable automatically and the text field background is highlighted in red.
2. After you have chosen a PDF file, this area is populated automatically. The default save for the Word document that you produced from your chosen PDF file is in the file path for the PDF document. However, you can change the save path manually at any time. To do this, you should use the "..." - button to select an individual save path.
Depending on which Office application is available on your PC, the Word file will be produced either in RTF or in DOC file format. You can choose whether the Word application or Wordpad is to be started automatically after the conversion process ends and whether DOC/RTF files already existing in the same save path can be overwritten automatically.
3. Select a conversion mode that is best suited to your PDF file. The following are available:
- "Automatic conversion mode (Default)": This mode is the best choice for most PDF files and we recommend using it. The software computes automatically from this how the contents of the PDF can best be converted to Word.
- "User-defined conversion with tabs": If you select this mode, then the Professional settings in the corresponding basic tab are activated automatically and can be selected for fine-tuning actions. The software tabs are used to position PDF contents in Word.
- "User-defined conversion with text boxes": As 2, only with the difference that text boxes are used to position the PDF contents.
- "Reformat document (Reflow)": If you choose this mode, then the Professional settings are also activated automatically. To position PDF contents in Word, contents are reformatted as necessary to achieve the best result. This mode is particularly interesting for Professional users.
4. Includes the option for setting the JPEG quality for images that are transferred from the PDF input file to Word, and a general timeout to interrupt the conversion process if a program error occurs.
5. Unfortunately slightly obscured in the screenshot, this option area is to do with transferring bookmarks from the PDF to Word. Therefore, you can select the None option for bookmarks to be generally ignored, the On every page option for transferring a bookmark to every page in Word, or Extract from source PDF for transferring bookmarks in the PDF to Word automatically (Word hyperlinks).
6. In option area 6, images can be transferred into Word 6/95 format (for older versions of Word). For English texts, words that are hyphenated are joined automatically or are generated by means of Word automation DOC files. Word is used in the background to save the converted document as a DOC file. However, automation only makes sense if Microsoft Word is on your PC. For optimization, hidden text in the PDF can be suppressed. This is then not accepted in the Word document generated.
7. This is the most important button of all. This starts the PDF to Word conversion process!
8. The buttons to end the application, reset default, save the current program settings and buy the full version licence key are in this area of the program. Click on the Insert license key button in the basic tab Info to enter the licence key directly into the software and approve and upgrade your program to the full version. Use Ctrl+C to copy the licence key from the email from shareIt and Ctrl+V to paste it in.
9. Use the selection box to change the application language dynamically at run-time to German or English at your discretion.
10. The status bar displays status messages which notify you of a problem or the next program step to be executed.
This concludes the suggested setting options in the "General Settings" basic tab and we now turn to the "Professional Settings" basic tab".
The experts among you will certainly find the options from this tab of interest. If you select a Non-defined conversion mode in the General Settings tab, the professional settings are activated automatically and may be selected.
1. In non-default mode, specifying your PDF content (document type) can sometimes deliver a significantly better conversion quality in Word. These options allow you to specify the content of a PDF. If you are dealing with is a single-column PDF text, for example, you should select the Single column option, etc.
2. Extraction options offer a further powerful option for even closer specification of the PDF content in order to obtain the desired result from the PDF in Word. The options should actually be self-explanatory and will therefore not be described further here. Simply try out the options with a suitable PDF in each case.
3. The extended document analysis further complements the information for conversion. Give the converter further instructions for the PDF to Word conversion. Example: Activating the Detect headers activation option makes sense if a header is also included in the PDF. Use the Shrink fonts, Adjust spacing and Adjust font names selection options to refine the information still further, in order to achieve as good a conversion result as possible.
Important note: Please be careful to use the professional settings only when they are actually required. We have already stored the best Default Setting for most PDF files in Automatic Conversion Mode (Default)!
If you have any more questions about the program, then please contact us directly at our free eMail-Support. Otherwise, we we hope you enjoy using PDF to Word Converter!