PDF Split and Merge has two main-functions that can be found inside the user-interface on separate tab-controls. In detail we will find the PDF-Splitting functions on the tab-control "Split PDF Files...", and the PDF-Merging functions can be found on the tab-control "Merge PDF Files..."
To unfold, please click on the following panels:
In the following, we would like to give you an overview of the tab-control "Split PDF Files..." and in particular introduce the functions of the program in PDF splitting:
The Tab-Control "Split PDF Files..." contains the program functions for PDF splitting
1. With the buttons "Add" and "Delete" you can choose that PDF File you would like to split. This step is the first if you would like to start a split process with the program. Notice, that only one PDF File can be inserted to this split-table controll. Multible files can not be splitted with the program.
2. If you append a file over the "Add"-Button, the program checks the PDF File if it is encrypted or not. When you added an encrypted PDF File, the password - table cell for these file is marked in a red color. You then should make a double-click on it to insert the PDF Password for it. Please notice, that the program can only split a PDF File in a successfull way, when the PDF Password is correct!
3. You can use a range of flexible split functions for the PDF Splitting process. There are possibilities to split your files on every odd page for example or after a fix page-count or to use customized patterns (page - ranges). On top, there are about six functions to split a PDF File. This should be enought for all splitting-purposes, you would like to do with the software.
4. A split-process can be create many files. So it is important to make the right output file settings. This can be done here. Choose a storage-place for your splitted pdf-files. For this you can browse and select a directory on your PC, set overwrite options etc.
5. The button "Split this PDF!" starts the split-process.
6. You can always switch between the languages on runtime. The program 7-PDF Split & Merge currenty supports two languages (english/german)..
7. Click on the button "Upgrade" to do a pro version upgrade of your installed freeware version. This will offer you the pro functions that are descriped, here. To make an upgrade, you have to purchase and receive a license-key to enter these key inside your program to switch to the Pro Version.
8. Terminates the program. Are there files selected in the application, the program will ask you if you really would like to close. This is only a security message for you.
So now we will close the section "Split PDF" at this point. We will now start with the nex main-function and section for "Merge PDF Files...".For this we do a switch to the "merge" - tab control.
Often, it is necessary to merge more than one pdf files together to compose a new pdf file from the ground. So the PDF Merging process is a very usefull and important function that was included inside 7-PDF Split & Merge. You will find it on the tab control "Merge PDF Files...". So we will start now a detailed view on it:
The screenshot shows us the tab-control "Merge PDF Files..." and it's functions. So let us do also a detailed view, here...
1. With the buttons "Add", "Delete", "Up" and "Down" you can add your pdf files before starting the merge process. You can also compose a individual pdf file while using the "Up" and "Down" buttons for sorting. And of course, uou can sort the table column "File name". For this do a single click on the fixed header cell "File name".
2. Encrypted/Proteced PDF Files will always marked with a red password table cell. The software can merge these proteced files to a merged output file, but you have to insert the correct password. For this do a double-click on the red marked password cell to enter the password.
3. Choose a storage location on your local PC while clicking on the button "Browse". Set also overwrite options or not. After a sucessfull merge process, you will find your new merged file at this location.
4. The button "Merge PDF Files!" starts the merge-process. Please notice, that it is important to select min. two pdf files first.
5. You can always switch between the languages on runtime. The program 7-PDF Split & Merge currenty supports two languages (english/german).
6. Click on the button "Upgrade" to do a pro version upgrade of your installed freeware version. This will offer you the pro functions that are descriped, here. To make an upgrade, you have to purchase and receive a license-key to enter these key inside your program to switch to the Pro Version.
7. Terminates the program. Are there files selected in the application, the program will ask you if you really would like to close. This is only a security message for you.
Have you further questions about the program? Let us now. For this, you can use our free email support for contact. If not, we hope you are happy with the freeware 7-PDF Split & Merge!